sexta-feira, 26 de janeiro de 2018

Writers' Corner #2


Men and women have roles – their roles are different, but their rights are equal.
 (Harri Holkeri)


Firstly - and having the quote in mind - I disagree with Harri Holkeri since I don’t think that men and women should have a specific role. However, I do know that their rights should be equal.
I believe that people still think that women are responsible for taking care of the children and cleaning the house whereas men are expected to work and earn money so that their family's needs are met. All of this makes me believe that one's role depends on one's will and opportunities and not on one's gender. In my opinion, this is how a society should truly work: everyone should be able to live their life as they wish and, most importantly, everyone should have the right to be treated as equals and not be prejudiced or judged because of a stereotype.
Finally, I believe that despite one's gender, the opportunities and rights one has should always be fair and equal.

Catarina Santos, 11ºI


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário